Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Red Bird Singing in the Dead of Night...

"Take your broken wings and fly into the night." Don't depair. I'm not trying to change the lyrics of another Beatles tune. This is a shout out to all of my literary-minded besties to find some time this month to read one of my all time favorite books, A RED BIRD CHRISTMAS by Fannie Flagg. You won't be disappointed. It's tender, funny, poignant, and even has a bird with broken wings flying into the night! It will lift your spirits and make you soar with happiness. Read it today. Available on line at Barnes and Noble, or for $9.88 at Sam's Club!








4 comments:

Michelle said...

You know I love a good book recommendation! Thanks!

Mrs. B said...

I love Fannie Flagg books! I will get it!

Elizabeth said...

Anything written by Fannie Flagg is a favorite. But "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" is my all time favorite. As you know. =)

Karalee said...

I read this last Christmas...thanks for reminding me about it! If I had 2 seconds to rub together I'd start it again :)
Although...only 22 more sleeps until Christmas Vacation...hmmmm.