Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Hands...Happy Feet!!

Today as I was leaving work, I noticed an interesting sight on the greenbelt. A lady was sitting by a small table and the sign said, "Nail Trimmings--$5.00." Okay, my first thought was, "Who gets their fingernails or toenails trimmed by a stranger, by the river on a cold Idaho day?" Ick. Just plain ICK! I soon realized that she was probably selling things to enhance your nails, like maybe a little bling. Interesting how one interpretation of a word can mean something completely different than another interpretation. I'm off to do my own trimmings...for free. You'll have to decide if it involves bling, or just a pair of clippers!

6 comments:

Mrs. B said...

So funny!

Karalee said...

Hee. When I read it I immediately thought "Why would someone want to buy old nail trimmings?"
Ick is right.

Where do you work? I thought you quit the preschool?

Katie said...

haha thats so weird!

Front Porch Friend. said...

Karalee...I work for the Idaho Falls Arts Council...a couple of days a week, a few hours a week, selling tickets and managing the front office. We get free passes to ALL the shows that come to town, so it's got a few nice perks!

Jennie said...

Hey Joy, I just got some wierd email saying you are stranded in London & you need a loan for $2,500 to make it back to the US. I think it is a spam, of course, but maybe you should know about it and let everyone else know. --Jennie

Cody said...

That's so funny. Especially since when I saw "nail trimmings" my first thought was of nail CLIPPINGS and what sort of things you would need to purchase nail clippings for. Some creative crafts, perhaps?