Saturday, April 11, 2009

A tisket, a tasket...

...I love what's in my basket! Every year it is my tradition to have a Dove chocolate truffle egg. I love them. They make me happy. When we lived in Utah I would always buy one package with 5 eggs. One for Phillip, one for Whitney, one for Cassidy, and two for me. I would eat one on Easter and save the other one in a secret hiding place for later. The year we moved to Idaho was no exception. Easter was in April and we moved in July. We lived at my parents house for 2 1/2 months until our house was done being built. Right after we moved in, the girls started school. That left me HOME ALONE. On a particularly bad day, when I was feeling a little sad and a lot sorry for myself I had a revelation. Where was the other Dove chocolate truffle egg? I checked my drawer for the secret hiding place. There, in the very back, was my life saver for the day. Dove. Chocolate. Truffle. Egg. It brings a smile to even the saddest of moments. Years later, we still have Dove chocolate truffle eggs in our basket. Only now, I buy two package of five. One for Phillip. One for Whitney. One for Cassidy. One for Eli. That leaves six. For me. I knew those math skills would come in handy some day. Now I just need to find a few new hiding places and I am set for life!

4 comments:

whitty said...

The truth finally emerges: the real reason for adding another member to our family. Chocolate eggs.

Front Porch Friend. said...

It took you long enough to figure it out, Mary Beth! (Get it? Mary Beth from FIGURE IT OUT. I think we stood in line by her in Disneyland once. Right by Splash Mountain!)

KJ said...

my kind of girl

SHANNON said...

I do love those Dove truffles too. ONly i consume a package before Easter and let the other sit in my drawer while i decide whether they will be shared - i have not shared them yet but i have not opened them yet....i am saving them for a particularly gloomy day.