Monday, September 21, 2009

"Meat" Me Halfway

I just got back from a pre-birthday lunch with a friend. We went to Sizzler. We wanted to have the salad bar. The lady helping us at the cash register was not very friendly. While we were ordering our drinks and waiting to pay, the man behind us asked the crabby cash register girl to describe the 'bistro sandwich.' She kind of growled at him and said, "I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat meat. I've never tasted meat. I have no idea what the bistro sandwich would taste like. You'll have to ask the other girl at the other register." And then, to finish off this lovely conversation, she concludes with, "You're probably wondering why a vegetarian is working in a steak house. Well, I don't even know the answer to that myself!" Go figure. I'm still speechless. And also meat-less, since I really only did eat the salad bar. And no ice cream!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

People can be so much fun, can't they.

Elizabeth said...

Wow. I think I would've been hunting up the manager. It's people like her make blood in the marketplace. Ye gads!!

Pam's Ponderings said...

I am a vegetarian.....for about 32 years now.
HOWEVER, although I got a good laugh.....I thought to myself, how inappropriate!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday though!
Pam