Monday, May 5, 2008

Bag Tagging!

My friend Sandy sent me something called 'a bag-tag'. (Don't laugh about me not knowing what 'blog tagging' is. I don't have a lot of 'blog-gang' activity on my site yet!) I would have done it sooner but I have been burning up the highways a lot lately. Picking up Whitney from BYU, sending Cassidy off to San Francisco to a choir trip, taking Whitney back to Salt Lake to catch her plane for jolly old England, and then getting Cassidy back! So, here's what's in my purse...I confess...I took out all of the old paper scraps and receipts from the 90's before I took the photo!

1. Pay stubs from pre-school. It's not a million dollars, but it covers the extras, like proms, road trips, candy, gum, drinks, and drugs!
2. A credit union reciept. After I get paid, I have to deposit the money in Phillip's credit union.
Then I just take it right back out, but it's the principal of the process that I enjoy. Plus, since his building is practically in our backyard now, I get another chance to see him during the day!
3 Two sets of keys--house and car on one ring, church on the other. I'm not quite sure why I actually have the church keys since, they have re-keyed our building and these don't work anymore. I found that out last Wednesday when I was trying to get into the building to set up for the ward talent show. Luckily, the Primary President had a set that worked. It was a blizzard outside waiting to get in!
4. A pen. For whatever, obviously. Generally, I don't have a pen in my purse, so I'm not sure what writing angel left this one for me. Mine are usually lost, until I get a new replacement from the credit union. I'm glad Phillip has a job that keeps me in pens!
5. An orange sharpie. It's on kind of a cool key ring and it was free from my brother-in-law. Plus, I LOVE to write with bright sharpies. It makes me HAPPY!
6. My cell phone. I wish you could see the picture of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones on my front wallpaper right now, and I wish even more that you could hear my ringtone, "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Can you tell I'm getting excited? It's coming out in only 18 days!
7. Indiana Jones M-n-M's...plain AND peanut. As far as I'm concerned M-n-M's are the perfect candy, and when Harrison Ford is on the front, it's an added bonus! Can you guess which package is full, and which one is empty?
8. Alteration cards. Cassidy is going to Commencement this weekend. (Idaho's version of Prom) We borrowed a dress from a lady in our ward whose daughter had graduated, but it had tiny spaghetti straps. She gave us the matching shawl and said we could use the fabric for whatever. Here comes my modesty talk for the day. The dress is SO MUCH cuter with sleeves! Now all the girls in the neighborhood want to borrow it. And it only cost me $25.00. So, we are going to pass the cards out among anyone who wants to promote modesty in young girls! ( I'll post pictures after the dance)
9. Zyrtec. Two words. Allergy season. Enough said.
10. Ibuprofen. Two more words. Sprained ankle. We went for a walk a week ago around our greenbelt, which goes all the way around the rives, about 4 miles. Somewhere across the river from where the car was parked, I stepped, heard a snap, dropped to the ground, and waiting with Whitney and Eli, while Phillip ran to get the car. A week later, it is still swollen, black, blue, yellow, and sore. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to wear shoes again. Thank goodness for flip flops!
11.Enchanted Orchid lotion from Bath and Body Works. If you want to smell like lilac heaven, this is the anwer. It's my new favorite summer scent and I have some in every room of my house! I can't live without it!
12. Alba Coconut Cream Lip Balm. Again, something yummy that I can't live without. It makes my lips feel like they are on a Surfin' Safari!
13. Orbit Sweet Mint gum. Love it, love it, love it!
14. A wallet. Just the usual. Credit cards, insurance cards, receipts, a CTR (current temple recommend, phraise coined by President Uchtdorf in our regional conference last week) family photos, etc.
15. Dr's appointment card. It's from Whitney's rheumatologist when she gets back. Side note here: We are grateful everyday for her health. He calls her a 'miracle'. A year and a half ago she couldn't walk around the living room, now she is walking all over London!
16. A notebook. I keep it for quotes, addresses, ideas that come to me while I'm waiting in the car, just whatever. If you don't have one, get one!
17. Nail file. I don't really have fingernails, but Eli always gets snags!
18. Last, but not least, the ever-present Sonic receipt for drinks from HAPPY HOUR!

And my cool, new purse for the summer is from Aeropostale. $10.00 on clearance. It looks good, it's roomy, and it was on sale! Works for me.

Bag-tag challenges to Judy, Summer, Jana, Emily, Whitney, whoever wants to share!

P.S. Can anyone tell my why my photos I try to post on the blog are always larger than life? I'm not trying to show big photos, but I can't figure out how to minimize them. HELP!!!

4 comments:

Karalee said...

Hi Joy! I love your blog. We're counting down the days until Raiders too...fun!
Karalee

Sandy said...

I loved your bag tag! So much fun!
Sandy

Karalee said...

You've been Tagged a different way. Check out aweesong@blogspot.com to see how.

KJ said...

Amen to Sonic Happy Hour. for the photos: when you upload, you are given the option for small, medium or large on the right hand side of the upload window. In the bottom center of that screen you can choose whether you want the photo placed left, center or right. Center is usually easiest, eliminating the need for lots of readjusting and aligning of text.