Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lick it Good!

Today is the second decent day we have had in months. Not exactly warm, but the sun is shining, there is no wind, and (hooray!) the snow is melting. I have a few little crocus peeping up in my garden. I'm counting the days until they start to bloom. However, I really know that summer is just around the corner when I have three little neighbor children standing on my porch, ringing my doorbell. When I answer, they chime in simultaneously, "Do you still have those popsicles in your freezer, 'cause we want some!" Sadly, I had to tell them, "No, not yet!" But now that summer is coming, I will definitely be gearing up for my role as 'coolest' mom on the block! Popsicles are a cheap price to pay to maintain that status quo!

1 comment:

Judy said...

maybe i should buy me some popsicles and put in my freezer so i can be a "coolest" mom but i don't have a porch and no one comes to my front door because no one where we live uses the front door.