Wednesday, March 4, 2009

She's Got the Look...

We took a quick trip to Utah this weekend to attend a funeral for my brother-in-law. While we were there we got to spend a few hours with Whitney. It was a pleasant addition to an otherwise sad situation. Our days with her are numbered, but she is SO ready. Her eyes are glowing. Her countenance is radiant. One more interview with the Stake President. Someone will hit send on a computer. The papers will be submitted. The waiting game will begin. My daughter is going on a mission! I'm going to be the mother of a missionary! Go figure!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yay Whitney!! I can hardly believe it. Time flies so fast. All I can say is that I know Whitney is going to be a FABULOUS missionary. Amazing girl, that!

Kiery said...

And to think, I was her first companion! ;) She's going to be great!

Karalee said...

I always knew she'd do this. I'm so excited for her and for your whole family to embark on such an exciting journey. We'll be on pins and needles waiting for the announcement!

Judy said...

Sorry to hear about the funeral. Which brother was this?

So exciting to hear about Whitney. Wonder where she will go. She will be amazing. You'll be a great missionary mom too!

whitty said...

Um, embarrassing. (What's more embarrassing? I can never remember how to spell "embarrassing.")

Elizabeth said...

You're gonna' love being a missionary mom! I can't wait to hear where she's going.