Thursday, January 1, 2009

The First Party...and Blog...of 2009!

I know...I have blogged three times in less than 6 hours, but I didn't want to let the night end before wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR...and also share pictures from our "Rockin' New Year's Eve". The guest list was extensive...Jonas Brothers, Ryan Seacrest, Taylor Swift.

We aren't sure, but we think the person in the really cool hat might have been Sara Palin or her snowmobile racing champion husband...they can see Russia from their house, and that's where they got the really cool hat from!

Aaahhh...the Clinton's. Still trying to get our votes and buy our respect. Can you say, "Get a new hairstyle for the new year, Hillary?" Or better yet, how about, "Get a new husband before you are sworn in as Secretary of State. Then he'll have plenty of time on his hands, and you won't have to worry about him making you look bad again. Hopefully, you won't do it on your own!"
My personal favorite, Mr. Dick Clark. I have loved him from Day One when I first watched 'American Bandstand'. I haven't missed a New Year's Eve without him, and it was nice to see him again, even if he does look stoned. I'm a bit sad about how he has been affected by his strokes and failing health, but if I had to rate him in my book of memories, he'd get a '10'...for introducing me to good dancing and great rock-n-roll! Party on, Dick!

1 comment:

Karalee said...

Sounds like a fun night. We played with a borrowed Wii Fit and now I want one a really really whole lot!

Thanks for commenting on my moronic painting of the cupboard posting. And funnily enough, your old cabinets are now BLACK. I'm not kidding.