Thursday, January 8, 2009

"If I Were a Boy..."

...I would be seriously in love with Beyonce'. I think she is stunning. Stunningly beautiful. Any boy/man would be lucky to be seen on her arm. But let's get serious, Jermaine Jackson. The reason I like her is because she has some serious 'girl power' going on. She and I would be great friends. I think I would like to ride around with her while she dumps her men...in fact, I would specifically like to ride around in the car that she references with the following line..."It's my name that's on that Jag." Who doesn't want to ride around in a Jag, for heck's sake? I envision myself and my new best 'gal pal' Beyonce wearing gold dresses and our Jimmy Choos , belting out at the top of our lungs, "Baby drop them keys, Hurry up before your taxi leaves." Of course he needs a taxi now...she has taken away his Jag. As the music love fest continues, our singing gets louder, and now we are finger snapping and swaying side-to-side as well. "I could have another you in a minute, Matter fact, (Beyonce' and I like to sing 'matta' and make the 'r' silent) he'll be here in a minute." The truth of the 'matta' is, Beyonce will always have another man in a minute, because she is stunning. Stunningly beautiful. Just once I want to join her on the chorus as we harmonize, "Don't you ever for a second get to thinkin' you're irreplaceable." Can you just imagine how much fun it would be to go shopping with her. We could be walking around in Macy's and if I spotted a sweata (silent 'r') I really wanted her opionion on I could say, "Hey, Beyonce'...to the left, to the left." And then she would see the sweata and tell me it was just what I needed to make me, that's right, stunning. Stunningly beautiful. Aaaah. What a day for a daydream!

1 comment:

The Red Hen said...

Joy,

You never cease to surprise me - who knew you were a HUGE Beyonce fan?! I laughed out loud reading this post. You are the greatest - I miss having you as a neighbor and would LOVE to go to the movies w/ you and your girls.

Love,

--Jana